Thinking out loud

Saturday, September 30, 2006

A little reminder....




I love when the Lord does something to remind me He's there. Of course, when my spiritual eyes are open, I can see Him a lot better throughout the day in the obvious ways, like the beauty of His creation, especially when the weather's really good....a warm smile from someone who knows Him, and just the miracle of life each day. But it's those sweet little reminders that come out of nowhere that just really excite me, and make me realize, wow...God really is in the details of this very small life of mine.

It happened just this morning...I was going to get some coffee with my dad, and on the way there I was just silenting praying that I would trust God for my needs, and that I would have the patience to be patient....just really a quick, yet heartfelt pray of surrender.

So shortly after that, my dad and I sit down to wait for coffee and then the guy brings out our drinks in these two coffee mugs. I didn't think anything about it until my Dad pointed to the words on my mug and said, "Whit, look at that...that's pretty cool."

So I looked at it and read this:

"God knows exactly what you need, exactly when you need it.
It's because God knows there's a right time for everything,
and that some things are sweeter when they're slow in coming."


I almost couldn't believe what I was reading.....on a coffee mug of all things! God truly works in very interesting ways, I have discovered. He never ceases to amaze me with little reminders of His love for His daughter. I still smile as I think about it....
That He would continue to open my eyes of faith, and help me to seek Him above everything else that I can see.....knowing that He will provide....

1 Comments:

Blogger ericka b said...

I needed that reminder! Thanks girl...

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home